ENROLMENT INFORMATION FOR PARENTS SEEKING ENROLMENT AT ST JOHN BOSCO SCHOOL
The St John Bosco School integration agreement has been allocated an allowance of 5% non preferential enrolments for its current maximum roll of 275.
Enrolment information is also available for this school in hard copy from our school office.
1. Catholic State Integrated schools select preference students on the following grounds:
- The agent for determining preference is the parish priest or the proprietors designated agent for the Catholic parish of New Plymouth.
- The criteria to be used by Proprietors, and their authorised agents, when determining whether or not the parents of a child have established such a particular or general religious connection with the Catholic Special Character are:
5.1 The child has been baptised or is being prepared for baptism in the Catholic Church.
5.2 The child’s parents/guardians have already allowed one or more of its siblings to be baptised in the Catholic faith.
5.3 At least one parent/guardian is a Catholic, and although their child has not yet been baptised, the child’s participation in the life of the school could lead to the parents having the child baptised.
5.4 With the agreement of the child’s parent/legal guardian, a significant familial adult such as a grandparent, aunt or uncle who is actively involved in the child’s upbringing undertakes to support the child’s formation in the faith and practices of the Catholic Church.
5.5 One or both of a child’s non-Catholic parents/guardians is preparing to become a Catholic.
2. State integrated schools have open places for non-preference students.
- This school has a maximum of 14 places.
- There are currently 0 places likely to be available this year and in 2022.
- The school roll is now at 85% of its maximum roll and no non preference places are likely until 2022.
- Non-Preference places criteria:
i. The applicants accept that they will be required to pay Attendance Dues as set by the Proprietor of the Diocese of Palmerston North and these are not voluntary.
ii. The applicants accept that they will be coming to a school of Catholic Special Character and that their place in the school is conditional on their participation in the programme.
- Non- Preference Criteria that apply to this school at the discretion of the Principal are:
● The siblings of non-preference students already in the school.
● The children of staff who seek to enrol their children.
● Non-preference students coming from another integrated school with the same special character.
● Children who live within close proximity to the school and who want to participate in the special character programme of the school.
- Non-preference students who cannot enrol immediately may choose to be placed on a waiting list. Students on this list are wait listed by date and will be contacted if places become available.
- At the end of the calendar year the list is reviewed and names will remain unless the school is told otherwise.